Who We Are
The Texas Women In Business Ambassador Team is a volunteer group of women in business that serve as the liaison between the TWIB board and its members. The purpose of this Team is to enhance member relations, participate in the community and TWIB sponsored events, and be active in TWIBs growth.
To be a leader in promoting, connecting and engaging business women in the greater Austin Community.
Characteristics of an Ambassador
- Character – Individuals should represent the Ambassadors in such a way that others will form a favorable opinion of the Ambassador Team and the organization. An ambassador is an extension of the TWIB board and shall present in a manner of integrity and service.
- Attitude of Service– Individuals should exhibit a sincere willingness to volunteer and contribute, a positive attitude is a must
- Commitment– Individuals should contribute by leading and providing input to multiple functions prior to being considered for the Ambassador Team. In addition Ambassadors should commit to serve a minimum of a one year term and consistently attend the regular monthly Ambassador meetings. Ambassadors shall not miss more than two monthly meetings in a calendar year
- Enthusiasm – Ambassadors should be knowledgeable about TWIB and its programs, be enthusiastic in promoting events and participation and be a leader in member retention
Recruit New Members – Actively seek new members in the community and to join TWIB in order to meet annual membership goals. Ambassadors should have luncheon cards and brochures readily available to provide to prospective members.
Attend and Participate in TWIB Events –
- Registration Table: greet guests and members, register new members, recruit ambassadors
- Lead networking sessions at assigned table during luncheons
- Facilitate New Member quarterly orientations.
- Attend TWIB Lunches, Happy Hours and volunteer opportunities as well as attending non–TWIB events in the community to promote TWIB.
- Higher Visibility in the Business Community
- Enhanced Career Development
- Recognition to Individual and Company
- Group Photo on TWIB Website
- Expanded Contact Base
Ambassador Badge – The purpose of an Ambassador badge is to identify those who are active in TWIB and to highlight them as an official representative of the organization.
Meet The Team
When & Where We Meet
Our meetings fluctuate, but feel free to send our committee chair an email to inquire. See you soon!
Join Our Team
If you are a dynamic and outgoing TWIBer who wants to be in the front line in meeting other women in business we need you! Selection is based on an application process and open positions. Please contact the Committee Chair (See details above).